|Linda A. Iannelli
State Bar License 167877, 12/1/1993
Fax: (949) 729-3175
A southern California native, Linda A. Iannelli established her law practice in 1993 in Newport Beach, serving the coastal communities as a sole-practitioner in general practice. Eighteen years later, her philosophy is now as it has always been, to provide the best possible personal representation for her clients. Ms. Iannelli has earned an excellent reputation in the community and has been given a CV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® . While she may be a little more expensive than some lawyers in Newport Beach, the extra expense is well worth the unsurpassed level of personal service Ms. Iannelli provides.
Ms. Iannelli’s practice is focused primarily on traffic and related infraction and misdemeanor defense. In the last three years, Ms. Iannelli has tried over 400 cases with a 98% win ratio. Ms. Iannelli was the first to prove that the City of Laguna Woods Automated Enforcement System (Red Light Camera System) violated California law in that the City’s contract with its provider contained a “cost neutrality” clause, which the Court considered void as against public policy. In the five months following, Ms. Iannelli obtained dismissals in over 100 similar cases. Since that time, Ms. Iannelli has been a major force in fighting against the Laguna Woods Red Light Camera System. Ms. Iannelli also represents many commercial truck drivers on a variety of violations specific to the trucking and intermodal industry. Recently, Ms. Iannelli has won acquittals against several southland cities (Irvine, Norwalk, Fountain Valley) who are attempting to enforce speed regulations by way of active speed traps. Ms. Iannelli’s extensive knowledge of the vehicle codes and the state regulations regarding traffic control devices, together with her common sense, makes her an excellent traffic defense attorney.
Ms. Iannelli is very familiar with the Orange County Courts. In fact, you can usually find her in one of the five courthouses nearly every weekday afternoon engaged in a traffic trial.
Ms. Iannelli’s current project is trying to establish a statewide traffic defense bar association. The goal is to allow traffic defense counsel across the state to put forth a united front with the Courts; share resources, educate traffic attorneys on recent developments in the law; fight injustice with a common front; network with other traffic defense attorneys; challenge bad legislation to protect the California driver; propose legislation for the protection of the driving public; and uphold the Constitution of the Golden State.
Prior to changing her focus to traffic, Ms. Iannelli was deeply rooted in Orange County's business environment. Ms. Iannelli has assisted hundreds of new start up companies with their organizational and varied business needs; including, but not limited to, contract negotiation through drafting, interpretation and litigation, business counseling and business formation, such as partnerships, corporations and LLC's. Ms. Iannelli maintains a close network of associates in which to refer clients for specific needs, unrelated to business, such as trusts and estates, criminal law, torts, personal injury, elder law planning, family law, trademarks, and many more.
When she is not working as an advocate or volunteering with one of her projects, Ms. Iannelli prefers to use her skills to resolve disputes through mediation. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to bring closure to a dispute with effective communication that leads to compromise. Ms. Iannelli’s vast legal and life experience, combined with her relaxed nature, provide her with a unique ability to relate to people on many levels with ease and integrity. Ms. Iannelli is an attentive listener and has the requisite empathy to be effective at resolving disputes.
Ms. Iannelli has formal arbitration and judicial training which she employs as a private arbitrator or private administrative law judge. She has presided over hundreds of trials and/or administrative law hearings. Her judicial temperament is unbiased and fair. She remains open minded until the matter is submitted for decision. Her analytical abilities allow her to understand and apply the laws appropriately. For the self represented, Ms. Iannelli strives to help them relax and understand the nature of the proceedings and assist them in appropriate circumstance so as to allow them their day in court.
Recent honors and appointments include: September 2008 Time Magazine honored Ms. Iannelli as part of their Salute to Women in Leadership, Special Edition. Her interview was presented over the airwaves of several airlines via the Sky Radio Network. Ms. Iannelli has been interviewed on Law Talk, the Inland Empire’s premier talk radio show and Cycle World Radio streaming live on the internet for all things traffic. Chief Justice Ronald George, appointed Ms. Iannelli to the Traffic Advisory Committee for the Judicial Council to the Office of the Administration of the Courts. Ms. Iannelli is currently serving as Vice President of the Orange County Women Lawyers Association and formerly served as the Treasurer and Board Member. Ms. Iannelli served two terms as President of the Newport Harbor Bar Association, a local bar association which has continued to serve the Harbor Justice Center by providing qualified attorneys to serve the needs of the communities quasi-indigent. Ms. Iannelli has volunteered to serve on the Board of many local legal and non-law related non-profit associations serving the coastal communities.
Ms. Iannelli has no record of discipline with the State Bar of California.
- Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, California, Bachelor of Science in Laws Awarded December 16, 1990.
- Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, California, Juris Doctorate Awarded December 20, 1992, including participation in Semester Abroad program, Summer Semester 1992, in affiliation with Trinity College, Cambridge, England, 1992.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Irvine, California, Certificate Awarded June 14, 2002.
- Administrative Office of the Courts, Certificate of Completion for Traffic Cases, May 10, 2007.
- Supreme Court of California, Admitted December 1, 1993.
- State Bar of California, Member since December 1, 1993.
- United States District Court, Central District of California, Admitted December 13, 1993.
- American Bar Association, Member since January 1994.
- Orange County Bar Association, Member since January 1, 1994.
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, Admitted September 3, 1996.
- Newport Harbor Bar Association, Newport Beach, California, Member since January 1, 2002.
- Lex Romana, Member since February 2006 to present.
- California Women Lawyers Association, Member since May, 2007.
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association, Member since May, 2007.
- West Orange County Bar Association, Member since January 2008.
- President - Newport Harbor Bar Association, Newport Beach, California, July 2007-08, July 2008-09
- Secretary - Newport Harbor Bar Association, Newport Beach, California, July 2005 - July 2007
- Director - Newport Harbor Bar Association, Newport Beach, California, 2011-2012 term
- President- Newport Harbor Orchid Society, July 2011- July 2012
- Vice President - Orange County Women Lawyers Association, January 2010-2011
- Treasurer - Orange County Women Lawyers Association, January 2009-2010
- Director - Orange County Women Lawyers Association, January 2008-2009
- Director - Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA) 2006/07
- Newport Harbor Bar Association, Newport Beach, California, President July 2007-08, July 2008-09, Secretary July 2005-July 2007
- Orange County Bar Association, Conference of Delegates, Delegate, 2007, 2008.
- Orange County Bar Association, Dial-A-Lawyer, 2005 & 2006.
- Orange County Bar Association, Fee Dispute Panel Arbitrator, since February 13, 2002.
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association, Director since January 2008.
- San Diego County Bar Association, Volunteer for FEMA/Wild Fire Victims Hotline, Oct. 2007
- Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA), Director 2006/07.
- Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA), Swearing In Committee, December 6, 2007.
- National Association of Professional Women, Honorary Member since April 8, 2008
- Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA), Member, 2006-2007.
- B.P.O.E. Newport Harbor Elks Lodge, #1767, Member since March 18, 2008.
- Newport Harbor Orchid Society, Newport Beach, California, Auction & Nomination Committees 2008.
- Newport Harbor Orchid Society, Newport Beach, California, Director since June 2007.
- Newport Harbor Orchid Society, Newport Beach, California, Member since 2005.
- Recipient of Recognition in The Time Magazine Salute to Women in Leadership, September 1, 2008, Issue.
- Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA), Certificate of Appreciation for volunteering on the Swearing In Committee, December 6, 2007.
- San Diego County Bar Association, FEMA/Wild Fire Victims Hotline, Appreciation Oct. 2007.
- Western State University Alumni Association (WSUAA), Special Recognition, September 15, 2007.
- 2006 National Leadership Award, Business Advisory Council, October 13, 2006.
- Cypress Federal Little League, Marlins’ Award of Thanks, 2002.
- Consumer Business Review, Attorney of the Year, Newport Beach, 2001.
- Honored Professional in the Nationwide Register’s Who’s Who in Executives & Businesses, 2000.
Last Updated ( DATE_FORMAT_LC2 )